Unreal Engine plugin
This is an Unreal Engine plugin created as a proof-of-concept for a client as part of a course at the ANU.
- 3 Customizable and extensible Location Marker classes implemented as Actors.
- Static Marker: Space and Time is fixed. Once spawned, it will remain in place until deleted.
- Temporay Marker: Space is fixed, but has a time-to-live counter which continues to decrement as time passes. It shrinks over time until it eventually self-destructs.
- Dynamic Marker: Contains a priority queue of data points, where each data point is a pair of coordinate and timestamp. Continues to move to the next location as determined by the queue. In other words, it will move in chronological order with respect to the timestamps. Once it reaches the final location, the counter starts decrementing until it eventually self-destructs.
- Interface / manager for the location markers. It is implemented as a
UGameInstance, which guarantees there is always one instance, and it is automatically created and destroyed.
- Caveat of using
UGameInstance is that you cannot use other
UGameInstance since there can only be one. In such case you can combine them into
UGameInstance or convert them to
- Handles creation, deletion, coordination of location markers.
- Maintains connection to DynamoDB and DynamoDB Streams, and allows you to listen to inserts, as well as do a replay of inserts in the last 24 hours.
This plugin is for Unreal Engine 5.0.0 or newer.