ANU Programs and Courses Graph Explorer
ANU Graph Explorer is a web app built using React. It has 2 features.
1. Plan / Visualize a degree
- Given a specific degree, visualize all the requirements and courses.
- Check if there are any classes that satisfy more than one requirements.
- Display all the classes that a student may take while taking the chosen program.
- User can click on checkboxes in the table of classes, and the graph will update to reflect the classes taken and how much progress was made.
2. Interactive Cartography of Classes
- The above features are enabled by the dataset generated by running a scraper with a custom parser that makes use of POS tagging and dependency parsing.
- Each node represents a class, edge represents a prerequisite, and node size is the "class importance" calculated using the Pagerank algorithm. The more important a class is, the bigger the node will be.
- The scraper source code can be found here.
Visit the website